We all know that QuickBooks is an accounting software that keeps on releasing its new version from time to time. As a QuickBooks user, you only purchase it once. But I wish to get its latest version every time to enjoy its new features. It is obvious everybody wants something new in every field of life. It is quite common these days that you encounter some error when you try to update your QuickBooks Product. The main error that you encounter is QuickBooks error 16026. It comes up mainly when you download the program updating for QuickBooks Products. In this article, we come up with the solutions to fix the error 16026. If you are seeking one on one assistance, give us a call at +1 267-857-9587. Our CPA DESK will be happy to help you in fixing all your issues and errors.
What actually is QuickBooks error 16026?
It is actually a message on your screen that generally occurs due to corrupted QuickBooks File. It happens when you download the product update for QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 16026 crashes the active window programs. It loses all your bookkeeping information in one go. Can you guess what will be its impact on the entire accounting system? Your first aim in that case should be to protect all your documents. Suppose you were updating the files but your every attempt fails due to some virus entering your computer. As a result, your files got corrupted and you got a message of QuickBooks error 16026.
Main reasons behind QuickBooks Error 16026
- Poor Internet connection can result in QuickBooks error 16026.
Generally, poor internet connection causes trouble in updating files. Also, it blocks access to QuickBooks files to multiple users at the same time. It is better to have high speed internet connectivity.
- Outdated version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Sometimes, it is better to check if the Microsoft Internet Explorer that you are using is outdated or not. If it is the latest version then, it is fine. If it is an old version then, it is better to first uninstall it and then reinstall it.
- Length of cipher strength is more than 128 bit.
We must tell you that length of copy strength should always be 128 bit. It is also one of the reasons for the QuickBooks 16026 error to occur when updating files in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Product installation got damaged.
Many times you think that your QuickBooks product that you had downloaded earlier is working fine. But it is not actually so. If you find an error like 16026.
- Incompatibility between QuickBooks Products and operating system.
You must ensure that your QuickBooks Product should be compatible with the operating system you are using. In case it is incompatible , then you will get a QuickBooks error message of 16026 when updating files.
It is to be noted that if the error is due to any of the above mentioned reasons, then every time when you try to download the updated product. A pop up message of error 16026 will appear on your screen.
Solutions for troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 16026.
As we all know that QuickBooks has several tools among which QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor are important tools for fixing errors and issues. But before you proceed for a secure scan with these tools, we recommend you to follow some below mentioned solutions. Here are some measures that will help you get rid of QuickBooks Error 16026 when updating.
- You should start your QuickBooks again.
- When you restart QuickBooks, the first thing you need to do is get access to the financial institution directory.
- Choose to select Banking thereafter, choose Online Banking, thereafter available financial institutions.
- If you see the financial institution on the left side of the screen , then it means Intuit Online Services are successfully delivered for QuickBooks.
- Once you are able to open the QuickBooks from Web Browser. You can download the program for updates.
- Validate the version of QuickBooks Product and ensure its cipher length is to be 128 bits.
- You should now open Internet Explorer.
- You should now choose Help thereafter click on to Internet Explorer.
- You should now download the latest version of Internet Explorer. In case, your previous one is too old.
- There may be chances that QuickBooks Window Files are not properly installed or got damaged during installation.
We sum up by concluding that restarting QuickBooks, checking internet connectivity, using internet explorer, correct product code, compatible window and QuickBooks product are the best ways to prevent any QuickBooks error when updating. If you still find it difficult to resolve, then you can also make use of QuickBooks Doctor File and QuickBooks Tool Hub. However, for further enquiry or any kind of assistance, you may reach us directly.