If you’re considering a hair system, it’s only natural to have a number of different questions ranging from installation, maintenance and how daily life is in general. We will answer some of the most common questions as well as detail some of the hair system limitations you may come across.
The most obvious question is whether your hairpiece will stay on whether you’re working out or going on a roller coaster in an amusement park. You’ve probably seen all the memes and videos of people having their toupee or wigs for men falling off.
The reality, however, is if hairpieces didn’t stick on — assuming they were properly attached — nobody would buy hair replacement systems. But with that said, let’s look at some different scenarios:
- Swimming: You can swim with your hair system on. We don’t recommend poly skin hair systems, but it can be done. Be wary of excess chlorine and salt water exposure as this can dry and damage your hair.
- Working out at the gym: You can work out at the gym or exercise in general. However, heavy perspiration from heavy workouts can affect your bond. Make sure to get a liquid adhesive that is waterproof and designed for perspiration. If you do the occasional workout, your bond should remain unaffected.
- Showering: Showering is certainly possible with a hair system on. Just make sure you wait at least 24 hours after you attach your hair system to make sure the bond cures. Also follow the best practices such as using a wig shampoo and conditioner.
- Sex: Your hair system should remain secure in this scenario as well. Avoid hair pulling just to be extra safe.
- Roller coasters/extreme sports: Your hair system should be able to withstand even the highest speeds provided it is bonded properly.
- Headwear – Hats and helmets can cause friction, especially when too tight, that can lead to tangling and breakage. Make sure to always wear comfortable headwear that is not too heavy on the scalp.
As aforementioned above, there are plenty of things you can do with a hair system contrary to popular belief. But that’s not to say there are no limitations either. These limitations depend on a few factors:
Your attachment method: How you attach your non-surgical hair replacement system plays a role in what you can do. If you’re wearing a clip-on hair system for example, avoid strenuous or physical activities that can cause your hair damage. Instead, look to wear a strong holding liquid adhesive such as Ultra Hold Glue which allows for more security and much fewer limitations.
Your body temperature: The more you exercise or are out in the sun, the higher your body temperature will be. How does this affect your hair system? An increase in body temperature can result in your hair system bond softening. The end result? Your hair system loosens from your scalp.
Chlorine and salt water: As aforementioned, you need to be wary of excess exposure to chlorine and salt water. This is because their properties can easily try, tangle and break your hair. You can still swim — just be extra protective and wear a swimming cap if possible.
Oxidation: When outside in the sun, the UV rays can cause your hair color to fade, especially if you have a darker hair color to begin with. This is oxidation and can be damaging to your hair as a whole. Consider wearing some headwear or using UV protecting hairstyling products whenever you are out for long.
Interested in learning more about hair systems? Browse through our website at www.superhairpieces.com (US & International) or superhairpieces.ca (CAN) Don’t forget tag us at @Superhairpieces and #Superhairpieces on your social media channels to get a shoutout! And make sure to like us on Facebook, follow on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel!